How to create batch of cross sections from a .rcp file with Analist CLOUD
- Start a new drawing in Analist CLOUD.
- To import the .rcp file, select Analist CLOUD, then click on “get cloud” and insert the scaling factor.
- Should this function not be active you can activate the “3D Object Snap On” function making sure the the “Point Cloud -> Node” box is checked.
- Insert the new layer which will be used to create our model, we will set it as default.
- To trace the 3d polylines move to “Analist Project”, right click on the “Polylines Management” menu choosing “Draw 3D Polyline”.
- Now trace the 3D polylines we need in order to create our model starting from the point cloud.
- To create the model from the 3D polylines right click on “Models” then choose “Create Model”, set a name for the model and choose the layer previously used.
- To triangulate the model right click on “Triangulated Surface” then choose “Create TIN Surface”, we can set a name to the surface and choose the model we have already created, then click on “Triangulate”.
- Create a new layer, set it as default, and select the “Polyline” command to trace the polyline within the surface.
- To create the profile double click on “Profiles and Sections”.
- Click on “Select Polyline” and so choose the one we created earlier. To set the plotting point click anywhere in the drawing outside the model.
- The software will automatically show the “Sections” option. Right click on “Sections” to choose “Planimetric Track”
and click on “Draw Track Automatic Sequence”.
- We can now set the sections interval and their length both to the right and to the left and so click on “Insert Section”.
- To draw the sections it is necessary to right click on “Sections”, choose “Draw Section” and click on “Generate Sections”.
- Should you require it, you can modify the drawing options settings for the sections. Click to set the plotting point.